Which Bed Bath and Beyond locations are closing? Your favorite Bed Bath & Beyond stores are now at stake and are about to close more stores in the U.S. It was announced in late January that it is confirmed several housewares retail stores will close in 2023.
The company has declared that more than 400 stores will be closed since last September.
Bed Bath & Beyond was established in 1971 as a chain of domestic merchandise retail stores in America.
It runs its stores worldwide, including Canada, Mexico, the United States, and Puerto Rico. Bed Bath & Beyond is now included among the Forbes Global 2000 and the Fortune 500.
Type of Company & Industry: Public & Retail Industry
Established: 1971 in Springfield, New Jersey, U.S.
Primarily Known: As Bed ‘n Bath (1971-1987), it is now replaced with Bed Bath & Beyond.
Number of Locations: 537 (2023)
Headquartered: Union, New Jersey, United States
Deals In: Home furnishings, Kitchen Appliances, Bedding, Bath, Home Decor, Housewares, and Curtains
Revenue Annually: 7.87 billion U.S. dollars (2022)
Areas: Mexico, Canada, Puerto Rico, United States
No. Of Employees: 3200 (2022)
Operating Income: 408 million U.S. dollars (2022)
Net Income: 560 million U.S. dollars (2022)
Net Worth: 5.13 billion U.S. dollars (2022)
In January, Bed Bath & Beyond said we would close 150 more stores to avoid bankruptcy, and this may be proven to be a successful last-ditch effort.
Before making this decision, the company had already discontinued 87 stores, including Harmon Beauty stores and numerous other buybuy Baby retail stores in various states, i.e., around 30 states a week ago.
Later, In January, The company closed its other 62 Bed Bath & Beyond and 6 buybuy Baby stores.
All these waves of store closures have been tolerated. Still, the last wave wrapped everyone’s head around its closures, i.e., one of the representatives told us it also hoped to raise 1 billion U.S. dollars in funding in a public stock offering.
On top of these, a year ago, the company operated 950 stores worldwide but now scaling down to 360 stores and 120 buybuy Baby stores only.
This is just a tiny piece of information about Bed Bath & Beyond; if you want to know more about it and its closing stores, you must look at this blog further!
Here we will discuss everything, including Its closing stores list, Why Bed Bath & Beyond closed its several stores, Who owned the company, and many more.
Let us explore together further!
DiscontinuedNews is impartial and independent, and every day, we create distinctive, world-class programs, news, and content that inform, educate and entertain millions of people worldwide.
Bed Bath & Beyond Closing Stores List
The latest stores are closing across 41 states, including Maine, Michigan, Oklahoma, Oregon, North Carolina, Nebraska, Louisiana, New Hampshire, Indiana, Wisconsin, Montana, Mississippi, and Nevada.
Look at the complete list of Bed Bath & Beyond closing store locations across 41 states. These stores were on the list of previous store closings.
- Issaquah: 775 NW Gilman Blvd.
- Kennewick: 1220 North Columbia Center Blvd.
- Bellingham: 4255 Meridian Street
- Roanoke: 1421 Towne Square Blvd. N.W.
- Lynchburg: 4026-N Wards Road
- Christiansburg: 135 Shoppers Way N.W.
- Gainesville: 8135 Stonewall Shops Square
- Leesburg: 532 Fort Evans Road
- Fairfax: 12100 Fairfax Towne Center
- Chesapeake: Greenbrier MarketCenter, 1324 Greenbrier Pkwy
- Springfield: 6642 Loisdale Rd.
- Williamsburg: 4900 Monticello Ave, Suite 4
- Winchester: 2540 S. Pleasant Valley Road
- Dulles: 24670 Dulles Landing Dr. Unt150
- Harrisonburg: 283 Burgess Road
- Roanoke: 1421 Towne Square Blvd. N.W.
- Alexandria: 7690 B. Richmond Highway
- Norwalk: 542 Westport Avenue
- Casper: 601 SE Wyoming Boulevard, Suite 1124
- Madison: 4275 Lien Road
- Grand Chute: 4721 West Grande Market Drive
- Kenosha: 7450 Green Bay Road, Suite A
- Canton: 1810 Cumming Highway, Suite 850
- Cumming: 1545 Marketplace Blvd.
- Duluth: 3675 Satellite Blvd.
- Brunswick: 197 Golden Isles Plaza
- Gainesville: 1025 Dawsonville Highway
- Corvallis: 1725 NW 9th Street
- Medford: 1600 North Riverside Avenue (Suite 1094)
- Clackamas: 12535 SE 82nd Avenue Suite A
- Glenwood Springs: Glenwood Meadows Shopping Center
- Dillon: 318 Dillon Ridge Way
- Grand Junction: 2464 US Highway 6 & 50
- Northglenn: 241 West 104th Avenue
- South Bloomington: 731 College Mall Road
- Noblesville: 14139 Town Center Boulevard, Suite 800
- Ft. Wayne: 4020 West Jefferson Blvd.
- Lafayette: 3555 State Road 38 East
- Valparaiso: 91 Silhavy Road
- Guilford: 1919 Boston Post Road
- Manchester: 169B Hale Road
- Largo: 10500 Ulmerton Road, Suite 310
- West Melbourne: 1555 West New Haven Avenue
- Moscow: 1966 Pullman Road
- Topeka: Topeka Crossing
- Wichita: 2441 North Maize Road
- Shawnee: Shawnee Station
- Peoria: 4800 North University Street
- Springfield: 3251 South Veterans Parkway
- Kildeer: 20505 North Rand Road
- Standard: 1700 East College Avenue
- Mandeville: 3414 Highway 190
- Monroe: 4239 Pecanland Mall Drive
- Shreveport: 7070 Youree Drive
- Houma: 1636 Martin Luther King Blvd.
- Lake Charles: 1768 West Prien Lake Road
- Davenport: 4022 East. 53rd Street
- Cedar Rapids: 4840 1st Avenue
- Sioux City: 5751 Sunnybrook Drive
- Paducah: 5187 Hinkleville Road
- Brunswick: 147 Bath Road
- Upper Arlington: 1717 West Lane Avenue
- Brooklyn: 4766 Ridge Road
- Mentor: 9700 Mentor Avenue
- Fairlawn: 3750 West Market Street
- Columbia: 6090 Garners Ferry Road
- Aiken: 339 Fabian Drive (Hitchcock Plaza)
- Moore: 2150 South Service Road
- Tulsa: 5352 East Skelly Drive
- Tulsa: 7410 South Olympia Avenue
- Norman: 620 Ed Noble Parkway
- Downey: Downey Landing Shopping Center
- Elk Grove: 9145 West Stockton Blvd.
- San Francisco: 555 9th Street
- Beaumont: 1642 East 2nd Street Marketplace
- Chico: 2101 Martin Luther King Parkway
- San Luis Obispo: 317 Madonna Road
- Santa Ana: 3900 South Bristol Street
- Vacaville: 128 Browns Valley Parkway
- Yorba Linda: 23041 Savi Ranch Parkway
- Germantown: 12940 Middlebrook Road
- California: 23415 Three Notch Road
- Hagerstown: 17716 Garland Groh Blvd.
- Leominster: 76 Orchard Hill Park Drive
- Attleboro: 1360 South Washington Street North
- Hudson: 17 Highland Commons East
- Hadley: 337 Russell Street
- Mansfield: 1551 North US Hwy 287 (Suite 701)
- Pasadena: 5636 Fairmont Parkway
- El Paso: 1327 George Dieter Drive
- San Antonio: 522 Northwest Loop
- Pearland: The Crossing at 518
- Sherman: 3710 Town Center Street
- Texarkana: 4248 St. Michael Drive
- Victoria: Victoria Crossing
- Weatherford: 225 Adams Drive, Suite 235
- Beaumont: 3975 Dowlen Road
- King of Prussia: 224 West DeKalb Pike
- Mechanicsburg: 6416 Carlisle Pike Suite 2500
- Cranberry Township: 20111 Route 19
- Wyomissing: 2771 Paper Mill Road Space D
- Chandler: 3445 West Frye Road
- Fort Smith: 3955 Phoenix Avenue
- Hot Springs: 1454 Higdon Ferry Road
- Hermitage: Oakwood Commons
- Jackson: 1081 Vann Drive
- Bristol: 442 Pinnacle Parkway
- Madison: 2156 Gallatin Road North
- Clarksville: 2829 Wilma Rudolph Blvd
- Knoxville: The Centre at Deane Hill
- Rochester: 40 25th Street
- Roseville: 2480 North Fairview Avenue, Suite 115A
- Minnetonka: 11240 Wayzata Boulevard
- Dothan: 4863 Montgomery Highway, Suite 200
- Montgomery: 7971 Eastchase Parkway
- Mobile: 3250 Airport Blvd. Suite 100
- Opelika: 2746 Enterprise Drive
- Portage: 5930 South Westnedge Avenue
- Saginaw: 4420 Bay Road
- Holland: 3050 Beeline Road, Suite 30
- Okemos: 1982 West Grand River Avenue
- Troy: 650 John R. Road
- Westland: 35615 Warren Road
- Flint: G-3605 Miller Road
- Joplin: 409 South Geneva Avenue
- Kansas City: 8201 NW Roanridge Road
- Lee’s Summit: 1648 NW Chipman Road
- Columbia: 205 North Stadium Blvd.
- Independence: 19950 East Jackson Drive
- St. Louis: 8340 Eager Road (The Meridian at Brentwood)
- Tupelo: The Shoppes at Barnes
- Helena: 2027 Cromwell Dixon Lane
- Amherst: 123 Route 101A #E
- Plaistow: 58 Plaistow Road
- Grand Island: 3416 West State Street
- Henrietta: 720 Jefferson Road
- Newburgh: 1399 Route #300
- Victor: 20 Square Drive
- Babylon: 825 West Montauk Highway West
- Amherst: 1583 Niagara Falls Blvd.
- DeWitt: 3409 Erie Blvd. East
- Northport: 3083 Jericho Turnpike East
- New York: 1932 Broadway
- New York: 97 Warren Street
- New York: 460 3rd Avenue
- Las Vegas: 7175 Arroyo Crossing Parkway
- North Brunswick: 871 Route 1 South
- Paramus: 300 Ikea Drive
- Elizabeth: Jersey Gardens Mall
- Manahawkin: 205 Route 72 West
- Ramsey: Ramsey 225 Interstate Shopping Center
- Watchung: 1511 US Highway 22
- Marlton: 740 Route 73 South
- Las Cruces: 2200 East Lohman Avenue
- Raleigh: 9521 Strickland Road
- Burlington: 1463 University Drive
- Greenville: 3160 Evans Street
- Hickory: 1835 Catawba Valley Blvd. S.E.
- Gastonia: 401 Cox Road
Why Bed Bath & Beyond Is Closing Its Stores & Reducing The Company’s Size?
Bed Bath & Beyond has been dealing with huge losses, executive shakeups, low performances, and an inability to match the current trend; on top of that, the death of its former CFO and several other massive losses the company is facing in a few months.
Additionally, The company has staved off bankruptcy with a considerable amount of 225 million U.S. dollars. The company also anticipated receiving another 800 million U.S. dollars in future installments.
The company is dealing with many ups and downs, but it looks like a different company moving further and not closing all its stores and the entire setup for good or to close this chapter.
Even Bed Bath & Beyond planned to decline its retail stores located in different places. It has been estimated that the company is reducing its size and closing many of its stores, counted 760 initially but later reduced to 36o stores.
It is also believed that the company operated 1,552 retail stores, of which 1,017 were Bed Bath & Beyond locations.
Who Owned Bed Bath And Beyond?
Mr. Eisenberg owns Bed Bath & Beyond, and Leonard Feinstein is a co-founder. This company had a market value of 2.3 billion U.S. dollars with 62,000 employees.
We concluded that:
- Bed Bath & Beyond is dealing with several issues and has staved off bankruptcy with a massive amount, i.e., 225 million U.S. dollars in an equity offering.
- The company has declared to reduce its size by closing several stores to avoid bankruptcy. It has been discovered that they are closing 150 more stores in 2023.
- In early January, the company stated we were in default on its loans and could not repay what it owed because we did not have enough funds.