Is Apex Legends Mobile Shutting Down? Is it true? Listen up! Players, we know the content in this blog may leave you baffled as it contains information about Apex Legends and its shutdown.
If you are already aware of this and came to know about Apex Legend in detail but cannot find the perfect guide for you. Then, your search has ended up here.
This blog may help you to some extent by letting you know everything about Apex Legends, such as its shutdown, the reason for its shutdown, and what other alternatives you can opt for in the future.
We know nothing can replace anything. Similarly, the vacant place of Apex Legends will never be healed with similar options because there may be different things.
We’re also feeling so low while explaining about its shutdown, but there is nothing we can do except letting us updated on this particular subject.
So, with a heavy heart, let’s review this blog post!
Before initiating, we would like to introduce some points on Apex Legends. After this, we will come to the main issue because it may also be an essential part of this blog. So, Can we start? Yes, of course!
What is Apex Legends?
Apex Legends is a battle royale-hero shooter game created by Respawn Entertainment and popularized by Electronic Arts. The best part of this game is it is free-to-play and also available for mobile screens, yes! You can play Apex Legends on mobile (Android, iOS); this mobile version of the game was launched in May 2022, called Apex Legends Mobile. Apex Legends was launched in February 2019, on Play Station 4, Xbox One, and Windows, On March 2021 for Nintendo Switch, and On March 2022 for Play Station 5 and Xbox Series X/S.
In addition to mobile platforms, this game also supports cross-platform play.
Now, we can move further!
Is Apex Legends Mobile Shutting Down?
Players, sorry, but your battle royale bubble is starting to burst because EA declared the end of Apex Legends Mobile. Not only Apex Legends Mobile but also other games are removed. These epic games will go away permanently. PUBG: Battlegrounds, Fortnite players are not shocked about this news but also disappointed.
So, the main point is, “Is Apex Legends Mobile Shutting Down?” Yes! Apex Legends is going to shut down. This year has proven to be an apocalypse for all the players who love to play online and offline games. Because there were so many games already discontinued by Electronic Arts, such as Titanfall, Knock Out City, and many more. It is time to say goodbye to Apex Legends Mobile as EA announced its end date. This game shut down in less than a year after releasing the game on iOS and Android.
Along with the game, the company has shut down Battlefield Mobile and its toys.
The company Respawn Entertainment, behind Apex Legend’s establishment, stated, “At Respawn, we aim to provide players with consistently outstanding games.” Also added, “Following a strong start, the content pipeline for Apex Legends Mobile has begun to fall short of that bar for quality, quantity, and cadence. For this reason, after months of working with our development partner, we have made the mutual decision to sunset our mobile game.” This statement indicates that they have finally planned to shut down Apex Legends Mobile this year, and there is no hope for it to return.
Why Is Apex Legends Mobile Shutting Down?
Despite being the sixth highest-grossing mobile game created by Electronic Arts, Apex Legends Mobile will shut down, and there are several possible reasons for its closure in 2023. Let’s take a look at the possible reasons:
- Tencent and EA have unrealistic expectations: When Apex Legends Mobile was created, there was a team of 300 to 500 people, and their invested money was spent on the game’s development and further live events, then the company decided to give them back all the money spent on it and see the game become a CoD: Mobile rival in terms of revenue, stated by Deconstructor of Fun.
- The two companies were there, one was American, and the other was Chinese. A cultural difference became one of the primary reasons for its closure. Their working process, methods, and several other things were there, such as Americans mainly focusing on putting core gameplay and UX at the forefront. At the same time, the Chinese prefer metagame and monetization. This problematic nature of their relationship affected the game.
- According to Deconstructor of Fun, some disputes occurred between the two companies that developed the Apex Legends Mobile; let’s see what they said, “something must have led to Tencent seizing to work on the game,” other than the performance of the Apex Legends Mobile. Also added a statement saying, “Factors beyond our control,” indicating that the company can no longer maintain the high quality of the game.
- People also faced several other issues while playing Apex Legends Mobile, including the game freezing in mid, the server down, and many more. Respawn also stated that we were forced to take this decision as the game fell short in quality, quantity, and cadence. So, the company planned to shut down this ultimate record-breaking game on May 1, 2023, at 4 pm.
- Also, the terrible marketing, no more update, and bad optimization could be the possible reasons.
- It is a game in the oversaturated battle royale genre. They want this title type, such as PUBG Mobile, Fortnite, Free Fire, and Call Of Duty: Mobile.
Apex Legends Mobile continuously launched the latest version that released legends, updates, pricey bundles, and new events.
Recommended Alternatives To Apex Legend Mobile That One Can Opt For After Its Shut Down.
Many games are similar to Apex Legends Mobile. Here we have put all the best fun together to make a list that one can opt for after it is shut down.
- Call Of Duty Mobile
- Fortnite for Mobile
- PUBG for Mobile
- Free Fire Max
- ScarFall: The Royal Combat
- Farlight 84
- Knives Out
- Brawl Stars
- Battle Prime
- Bullet Echo
If you’re a hard fan of Apex Legends Mobile, then after it’s shut down, you must definitely give them a try! These games mentioned above in the list are the best picks for you that may experience as similar to Apex Legends mobile. We hope you find some of these options identical to the Apex game and enjoy!
Is Apex Legends Still Available?
Apex Legends mobile has already been removed from the app stores, and you have to purchase it with your real money; no virtual cash is needed. If you are worrying about “Is this game still available?” then you don’t, because you can play this game until its end date, i.e., May 1 at 7 pm ET. After this, you cannot play Apex Legends Mobile because all its servers will switch off.
As the company already declared, they will not refund their actual money purchases, but if they want them back, try to request refunds from the app store or play store.
As we all know, especially the players, EA has not eliminated Battlefield Mobile completely, but EA evaluated Battlefield Mobile in some markets in 2021. The main reason is that Electronic Arts started focusing on helping the Battlefield series to reach new heights and aimed to support the latest and upcoming series, i.e., Battlefield 2042. Still, its mobile version has been shut down, or you can say it will no longer be playable.
How People Reacted To Apex Legends Mobile Shutdown?
We’re sure people have many questions after hearing Apex Legends Mobile Shut down, but we can’t expect this much. If you’re also in the same condition as us! Then it is better to take a look at a few posts that people have posted:
“But… Why? I didn’t play it much, but it seemed ok when I did. Is the player count low or something?”
“Kinda sad. Tbh Apex Legends Mobile is a peak of mobile gaming, after PUBG Mobile & COD Mobile.”
“Unfortunate news. I don’t play it myself, but I understand many people here enjoy the game. It’s important to understand that mobile adaptations, nowadays at least, are aimed at foreign markets. Markets where consoles and PCs are less common. Mobile gaming dominates in these markets because it’s accessible. But foreign governments are cracking down on microtransactions, loot boxes, and gambling mechanics. The once lucrative tactics are being blocked entirely from markets and for a good reason. They are predatory, and children are typically the primary target. It would not shock me if part of their decline in revenue came from restrictions on mobile game spending.”
The Bottom Line
We hope you are now aware of its discontinuation even when you are not too close to the gaming industry. It was believed that Electronic Arts introduced the Apex Legends Mobile in May 2022, and now, in May 2023, this mobile version of Apex Legends will be shut down.
This game was unique for the players because it allowed them players to play Apex on mobile. The game made it more accessible, and players can experience this game not only on consoles and PCs but also on mobile.
It makes this game more special and unique. The end date of Apex Legends will be its first anniversary, but it’s not an ordinary anniversary because that day will be the death day for Apex Legends Mobile.