Has Estee Lauder Idealist Discontinued? With great disappointment, we are announcing that after serving for several years, the Estee Lauder Idealist has been discontinued. So the answer is, Yes, it has been discontinued now.
Consumers are up in arms and broadcasting on social media to bring back this product.
Estee Lauder Idealist is not only the case, but the company plans to close several retail stores that are considered low performing and unproductive by the end of this year (2023). It is expected to shut down more than 200 of its freestanding unproductive retail stores by the end of the fiscal year 2023.
If you are interested to know what exactly is happening around Estee Lauder, then you should read on:
We would like to briefly introduce the company before starting this blog. Are you interested to know about it also? We hope you are!! So, without having much wait, Let’s get rolling!!
DiscontinuedNews is impartial and independent, and every day, we create distinctive, world-class programs, news, and content that inform, educate and entertain millions of people worldwide.
About Estee Lauder
Estee Lauder Companies Inc. is an America-based multinational company that specially produces skincare, haircare, makeup, and fragrance products and is the biggest marketer of these products all over the world.
It is founded in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. Estee Lauder is the second most prominent company in the world in terms of cosmetic products, behind L’Oreal.
Estee Lauder has also acquired a wide variety of brands, including Tom Ford Beauty, Clinique, Jo Malone London, La Mer, and several other brands that have been marketed worldwide via retail channels and digital commerce.
Estee Lauder Highlights:
- Industry: Cosmetics
- Type: Public
- Headquartered In: General Motors Building, New York, New York, U.S.
- Founder: Estee Lauder & Joseph Lauder
- Products: Makeup, Hair Care, Skin Care, Fragrance
- Key People: William P. Lauder, Fabrizio Freda
- Owner: Lauder Family
- No. of Employees: 63,000 (2022)
- Total Assets: 20.910 billion US dollars (2022)
- Net Income: 2.408 billion US dollars (2022)
- Total Equity: 5.490 billion US dollars (2022)
- Operating Income: 3.170 billion US dollars (2022)
- Revenue: 17,737 billion US dollars (2022)
- Official Website: www.elcompanies.com
Why Is Estee Lauder Idealist Used For?
Estee Lauder is one of the best brands in the world that supplies a wide range of cosmetics products, and its Idealist is always a good choice for a face.
Let’s see what is the use of Estee Lauder Idealist:
- It is used to improve the quality of the skin. Moreover, it improves the overall skin texture and skin tone.
- It reduces wrinkles and fine lines.
- It provides optimal hydration and enhances skin moisture and elasticity.
- It absorbs excess oil and gives a matte finish look that everyone loves to have.
- Use For: Face
- Skin Type: Suitable for all types of skin
- Product Benefit: Pore Treatment
- Item Form: Gel
- Brand: Estee Lauder
What Happened To Estee Lauder Companies?
In 2020, during the Coronavirus Pandemic, Estee Lauder Companies faced multiple problems, and they decided to discontinue approximately 10 to 15 percent of their business, including stores, close in-store beauty counters, and digital operations.
On August 20, 2020, the company announced that it decided to reduce its workforce by 1,500 to 2,000 and 3 percent of workers and store employees globally. Most of the workforce reduction was expected to include store employees and supporting staff.
COVID-19 Outbreak collapsed the business; not only this but also several other reasons that led to the company’s shrinking.
Several controversies hit the company’s reputation, such as:
- Child Labor: Some were claiming that they found the reports that represented the children who were used to working in a factory daily in Cambridge, New York, that manufactures the products of one of Estee Lauder’s natural products brands, i.e., Origins.
A group owned this company; the leader was Yoneq Gene Spriggs; the contracted company was Common Sense Natural Soap & Bodycare.
When Estee Lauder learned about it, they said we’re unaware of this fact. Now, the company has terminated its contract with the contracted company; Estee Lauder acquired the company for more than four years.
- SOPA: Once, the company Estee Lauder enlisted in the list of those companies that support SOPA, but unluckily, opponents did not win the game. As the company explained everything about it. Congressional anti-piracy bill was demonstrated that was represented overreaching by critics.
- Boycott & Anti-Boycott: It was noted that the founder Ronald Lauder seemed to participate in pro-Israel activities, which put the company in danger.
Estee Lauder and its brands became a part of a boycott campaign led by pro-Palestine activists. Later in June 2003, QUIT (Queers Undermining Israeli Terrorism) in San Francisco took advantage and fired up the boycott campaign with their Estee Slaughter campaign. But with the help of the support of Israel, this boycott campaign was generated as an anti-boycott campaign.
- Animal Testing: Estee Lauder Companies do non-animal and human volunteer testing to assess product safety. Its products were tested through animal testing, which it was already provided access to by its country government because several cosmetics products required testing on animals to assess the product’s efficacy. But it became a challenge for the smaller brands dealing with cruelty-free products.
Who Owned Estee Lauder?
The Lauder family owns the Estee Lauder Companies. Lauder family is a billionaire family in America.
The brands owned by the Estee Lauder Companies are as follows:
- Hair Care: Bumble and Bumble, Aveda
- Fragrance: Le Labo, Jo Malone London, Lauder Fragrances, Kilian Paris, Aramis, Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle.
- Cosmetics: Smashbox, Origins, La Mer, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, AERIN Beauty, Estee Lauder, Dr. Jart+, GLAMGLOW, Lab Series, MAC Cosmetics, Darpin Paris, Too Faced, Tom Ford Beauty, Brandon Truaxe’s DECIEM.
Can You Still Buy Estee Lauder Idealist?
Yes, you can still buy Estee Lauder Idealist. I don’t know whether you will get this product at every store as its availability varies from market to market. So, we are unsure if you will get it at every store.
But yeah! You can search for it online, such as on Amazon, Estee Lauder’s official WebsiteWebsite, eBay, and several more websites where you can buy it.
We know there is something one can’t stand… its uneven skin tone… Right? To eliminate these issues, one started to find the best product under their reach. We’ve concluded that Estee Lauder Idealist could be the best choice but no longer because manufacturers have discontinued this product.
We’re not saying, it has completely gone, you can still find them at various places online, but they can be harder to find. We hope you may find a desired product within your reach.